Friday, May 28, 2010

American Idol Adventure....

Hi everyone! Sorry it has taken me a few days to actually sit down and talk about it, but it has been just busy, busy, busy! Okay, here it goes...

We woke up very early... probably around 6am. Our ticket said to be there no later than 2pm, but I know with going to shows before that means arrive around 7am. :) Of course when we got there at 7:30am, I was correct! My number in line was 131, which means 130 people were in front of me. So, it was a good thing my eagerness to get there was so strong! We waited in line for about 3 hours. Some of the people in line were die hard fans for the show... to be honest I was more excited about the celeb stars that they were keeping a secret from everyone! Finally, the people in charge came out.... they checked our ids and tickets and then gave us hard tickets with seat numbers. I about screamed when I saw that we had FLOOR tickets. After they gave them to us, we were free to leave, but we had to be inside the Nokia Theatre by 4:30pm. It was so refreshing that they treated this like a concert and everyone had their own seats... it definitely took the anxiety and pressure off because we were worried it would be a first come first serve deal. I didn't feel like fighting anyone that day :). Just kidding! We were super hungry by this point so we went to ESPN Zone for some lunch. It just happened to be right next to the red carpet set up. So basically we just stumbled upon it. After lunch, we decided that we wanted to get a prime spot for the red carpet event and boy did we ever. We were literally on the front row where all of the celebs came. We saw sooo many while we were there.... just to name a few.... Dr. Drew, Janice Dickinson, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Chilli from TLC, Jordan Sparks, David Archuleta, etc. Here is the bummer though!! We had to leave when it was getting really good because we had to go put our phones and cameras in the car. When we got back we tried to attempt to see the red carpet again, but we were too far back. I asked someone beside me who just got out there because people were flipping out.... it was the one and only ELLEN!! We missed her. I was so sad!! And all of the top 10 American Idols from this season came too while we were gone. It's cool though! We got to see them inside. So... at about 4:20pm we went inside the Nokia Theatre. It was sooooo surreal that we were in there. Famous people everywhere! Chilli from TLC sat in front of us... David Hasselhoff was a few sections over... craziness I tell ya. The show was absolutely amazing.... all of you watched it saw everything we did... so it's no surprise who was there. I do want to point out my favorite ones though... LOVED when Alanis Morsette came out... LOVED when the previous idols did a tribute to Simon (I 100% cried)... LOVED when Janet came out;however, we were all super nervous for another wardrobe problem from her... it came super close to a repeat for her! haha. The guy next to us somehow got in with his phone so he took the picture of my mom and I that I posted that night. I feel lucky to have that picture now! I could go on and on about how great it was, but I'd go on for a while.

Right now we're headed to Universal Studios to see the Desperate Housewives set and ride some rides. I'll update again later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment