Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 312


DAY 4: an old picture of someone you've known forever and 5 memories you've shared with them.

PIC: Mrs. Mary (my ballet teacher from age 3-16 when I quit). I'm the little brunette on the right of this picture looking to the left.

1. Going on a trip with Mrs. Mary's family to Callaway Gardens (age 13).
2. Performing a powerful dance she choreographed that made the audience sob (age 15)!
3. Performing polichinelles and Mrs. Mary being Mother Ginger (age 9 and age 12).
4. Mrs. Mary telling the news to my mom and I that I'd be featured in the "Dance Now" magazine (age 9).
5. Meeting Mrs. Mary at Dance Fashions to try on pointe shoes for the first time (age 9)!

Mrs. Mary is one of the most amazing mentors I had growing up. She was like a second mother to me. I loved (and still do) her SOOOOOO much. I visit her sometimes (yes, she is still teaching!) and she welcomes me with open arms. I hope I can influence my students like Mrs. Mary influenced me.





PIC: I am not positive what year this was (maybe 1997?), but it was me doing "Dream Scene" in the Nutcracker. We did a lot of shows in a huge auditorium, but we also did little performances for various events across the state of Georgia. This performance was at a center where we performed for underprivileged families in Hiwassee. I remember we did Toys for Tots while we were there. I happen to be front and center in this pic :). This is the best I could do... I know I have MILLIONS of Nutcracker pics of me from over the years, but for some reason mama hasn't uploaded them to snapfish.


Today I went to the Nutcracker for a student that I taught two years ago. She asks me every year to go and I always do! It brings me back to my childhood when I was in the Nutcracker from age 8 to 16... SOOOOO fun! After that, I went shopping with my mama at the mall and ate at the Cheesecake Factory... Pasta Di Vinci is where it is at! YUMMY! Laura and I are laying low tonight with writing Christmas cards along with watching Love Actually... have a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment