Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 45


Phew...cheerleading tryout week is halfway over. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Seriously, I have!! I love being in charge and making decisions. It wasn't too long ago I was in all of their shoes. I found myself getting nervous for some of the girls today because I know how all of them feel.

After cheerleading, I came home and reflected, reflected, and reflected some more. I am in a Mentoring Matters class. Basically, it's a class to help me become a better mentor to the first year teacher I mentor. Hmmm... yes, I'm just a second year teacher myself. I was nervous to take on this responsibility at the beginning of the year, but I feel as though (after I reflected a bunch :) ) I have done a fairly good job helping mine out. I know that she feels comfortable coming and talking to me about stuff and I guess that is all I can ask for. It has been a good thing for me too because it has helped me reflect on my own teaching. I think having a second year teacher (me) as a mentor has its pros and cons. Let's start with the big con... the obvious... not a lot of experience. The big pro... I was just there in her shoes so I can easily relate to her. We have formed a wonderful bond not only at work, but outside of work as well.

That's all for me tonight folks. I am sleepy! ZZZZzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment