Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 27



I heart WRAD (Writing and Reading All Day) Day! I don't know why some people don't like it because I would rate it top 3 of my favorite days of the school year. The kids LOVED getting new books that were donated to the school. We made a class book, which was so much fun. We went outside to see a firetruck. Clifford visited us, which they soon realized it was another teacher :). We had a FABULOUS guest reader come to our room and she read "Cat in the Hat" to us. Doesn't she look so adorable in her duck pajamas? After the story, Mrs. Johnson and I made "Cat in the Hat" hat cookies with them. I think the kids enjoyed it a lot. When 2:15 came around and I told them to pack up, they couldn't believe the day was over. I had several "I wish all of our days were like WRAD day!" and "I don't want to go home!" comments. I am happy that they had a good day!!

I crashed when I got home from my busy day. I took a three hour nap. OOPS, definitely overslept! I have a wedding shower tomorrow and I am a procrastinator that has yet to get the gift. Luckily, I made it to Town Center (um... ghetttoo) just in time before they closed. I ran in and ran out immediately.... did you know people actually spend their Friday nights gathered outside in the mall parking lot? Like big groups... like 30+. What??? All I have to say is I am glad my life has not come to that business!

No comments:

Post a Comment