Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 39


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!! Today made me feel like a little kid again. I started the day off at 8:00 reading two St. Patrick's Day books. In one of the books, a bunch of little leprechauns invade a classroom and cause a lot of trouble. The kids loved it. As I began discussing the book with them, I realized I did not even have one child that did not believe. I asked them, "Has anyone ever seen one before? ... because I haven't." About ten hands went up and as they explained it to me, you could tell they seriously believed it. Of course, the "leprechaun" invaded our classroom, but in a nice clean way :). They FREAKED out!!! Anything that was semi out of place, obviously the leprechaun did it. Down the hall... any marks... obviously his footprints. He was even on the playground today when we were out there. A few kids saw him running away in his big green hat! We searched for four leaf clovers, but we didn't find any :( . It was one of the most precious days. Often, I feel as though I overlook how old they really are because I'm so concerned with teaching them the material we are required to teach. Today really put me in place and showed me how young they truly are. It was a pleasant wake up call!

I wish I had a fun St. Patrick's Day story of something I did with friends, but I don't. A bunch of friends went to Fado in Buckhead for some fun festivities. I was going to go, but coming home and sleeping for 3 hours (what!?!?!) seemed like a better idea at the time. I went to the grocery store tonight and a Chinese restaurant by my house. Above you will find my fortune cookie.... I don't necessarily believe in these things, but it's still comforting to know everything will be alright :)

No comments:

Post a Comment