Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 33



With all that's going on, it's definitely tough keeping a straight and positive mind. I have to pat myself on the back though because I feel that I am focusing on what I need to focus on... and that's the kids I teach. Today was one of those days that I felt accomplished in everything I did. They got it.... and they loved it. We read a play and no one missed a beat. I even had actors and actresses. They craved an audience, but unfortunately no one was around in the halls. We learned about shapes and they thought it was "SOOO fun"! We changed the nouns and verbs to a boring sentence and added descriptive adjectives to make our writing "pop". They were on fire and couldn't even stand sitting in their seats. I got observed today by a lady who told me how wonderful I was doing with the calendar. I have to admit it definitely felt good when the children were so active in my lesson. Children who sometimes sit back and let others speak were engaged and excited. They got it! It's those little things that confirm I am worthy of the position... I just need to wait and be positive.

Reflecting on today, I know I gave it all I had for the children. Tonight, I knew I had to dedicate time to only me. I spent most of tonight digging up things I need, but I don't want to need. :/ Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is my motto right now.

Goodnight all and sweeeeeeet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment