Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 144







HAPPY (what would be) 20TH BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE BABY, CASEY! We got Casey when I was in Kindergarten. I got to pick him out. He was always found by my side. We had to put him to sleep when I was a junior in college. He was 15 1/2. I love him SOOOOO much and miss him all of the time. These are some pictures I found on my mom's computer. The one of us in the birthday hats was celebrating his birthday.... very adorable if I do say so myself. I LOVE YOU CASEY ROO!



So... my mom and I were Crime Stoppers today. I know. Crazy. Well, we were driving behind a ridiculously slow woman. She was driving 20mph in a 35 mph. I mean there was a serious line behind her. All of a sudden she starts to go off the road. Normally when that happens people freak out and get themselves back on the road. Not this woman. She stayed there for a while and then eventually came back over. But she didn't come in our lane. She came in the OTHER LANE!!!! People on the other side of the road were dodging her as best as they could. So by this point my mom and I are like... OK, this woman is crazy. She actually ends up turning into the shopping center we went into. Again....... she gets in the left lane going at the cars. Cars again are trying to get out of this crazy persons way. She doesn't stop at the stop sign... turns left... and get this...... ROLLS UP ONTO THE CURB... she doesn't stop... she continues to drive on it until her car comes off the curb. While this is all going on, I got her license plate number if we thought 911 should be called. By the end of it all, we definitely thought 911 should be called. I dialed them and told the lady everything I knew. Unfortunately, the woman got out of our sight, which was not good. I had to get off the phone with 911 feeling like I failed because I had all of this info, but I was clueless as to where she was at that point. Not even two minutes later, 911 calls ME back. "M'am, we have a serious situation here. There is a police officer circling McDonalds looking for you. Can you please find him?" My heart was beating while my mom raced to McDonalds. We got to where the cop was and basically had to retell him everything. THIS WOMAN WAS WANTED!!!!!!! He has been looking for her all morning due to other people calling in. I could tell it was a sticky drug bust situation. When we left our destination, we noticed that the cop was still camped out by McDonalds. I seriously wonder if they ever caught her? Regardless, it was an eventful day. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the excitement and action. It was kinda fun to be a part of it!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!
    But on to your "crime story"... what has this world gone to? Maybe she was a recent emigrate from the Czech republic and got all confused trying to order a 1/4 pounder at McDonald's! In her shame she tried to make a quick getaway and forgot which side of the road she was supposed to be driving in. Have you ever thought of that? You called the cops on her? Now she will be hungry and probably deported!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you explain the curb incident? What country is that appropriate in?

    ReplyDelete