Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 246



Hola mis amigos! Mi llamo Ms. Wexler y yo hablo espanol hoy! Haha... I realize my Spanish is a bit off, but I survived today! I had 21 conferences today. 21!! Only one of them did not show up. I had translators for most of them, but there were about 5 or 6 where I spoke Spanish the entire time. One mother felt so comfortable with me speaking Spanish to her that she spoke ALL Spanish to me! It took a bit of time to soak up the Spanish and understand all that she was saying, but I took it in then responded back to her. I know she truly understood everything I said. HUGE accomplishment! I've been practicing for a few weeks now :) I was told so many times "God Bless You" and "Thank you for your caring and love of my child." My heart smiled a lot of times today.

My day did not start off with conferences. Oh no. My day started off with taking my car to be serviced for my 30,000 mile check up. Let's just say I would have been better off giving an arm and a leg. Oh. Em. Gee. I guess I just need to get used to it (being an adult and all), but major major Eeeeek. Then, I went to school for conferences. After my 21 conferences, I went to pick up my car (and of course pay the bill). I somehow managed to get to the gym in time for Josh's class. He was on absolute fire tonight. He cracks me up! I made dinner for myself and now I'm watching DWTS with Laura. I am so close to going to bed though. I am overly exhausted... a combo of waking up at the crack of dawn, sitting through 21 conferences, forking out money for my sweet car, and working out like a rockstar. I am doneski. Peace loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment