Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 243



My day first started off on the right foot when I decided Chick Fil A was necessary. Then, I walked into my classroom and spotted something creative and sneaky. SOMEONE who cheers for the team I'm against this weekend... placed an orange balloon on my whiteboard stand. Out of all of the clutter in my room, it was the first thing I noticed and I immediately blamed this person. Clever. Very clever. The mood was set for the day... it was going to be goofy and fun :) How lucky am I to work in an environment where we can step back and act silly a little bit? Pretty darn lucky. Especially because this person calls the shots. It was definitely that and also productive. I planned on napping before I need to pack and get ready for my trip, but that's totally not happening. I'm too excited. FINALLY, I feel as though I can socialize with friends and step away from work for a few hours... 48 hours. I'm ready for conferences on Monday, which alleviates stress as well. Now all I gotta do is keep practicing my Spanish because translators are limited. My best friend Lauren double majored in college and one of her majors was Spanish. She also spent a summer in Spain when we were in college. I told her that she can only talk to me in Spanish this weekend to prep me for Monday. We shall see how this goes :)

Now.... on to Athens.... where the Bulldawgs are going to "play". GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment