Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Life is not always a piece of cake.



Teacher appreciation week is so sweet. The kids bring in various items for their teachers to show they care... even though I know my little ones do love me. I received this heart cake today. It was strawberry! So thoughtful and creative. <3

This afternoon I had a conference that lasted from 3-4. I learned SO much about my student along with her family within this short hour... things that I am still pondering about. The mother requested that the child be present in the conference. The teachers that were present shared things that were positives and things that the student needed to work on. It was extremely apparent that the mother cared so much about her daughter and her education. Working at a school where there is a language barrier can be difficult and oftentimes misleading. Some people assume that they don't care about what is going on, but I 100% disagree. This parent was so passionate about her daughter's education that she wept. I had to fight to stay strong for her. All I felt like doing was consoling her and crying alongside her. Boy, was that tough stuff. I left the meeting reflecting on life... life really isn't a piece of cake. Your idea of "horrible" is probably someones idea of "amazing" due to their circumstances.

As we do in our meetings, I stand for ________.

No comments:

Post a Comment