Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 357




Great day all around. Precious moment from today? I actually have two. They both happened in indoor recess. It was raining today.

First precious moment:
Right before recess, we have writing. I had a few kids that did not want to turn in their writing because they were not finished. To one of them I said, "I'm sorry! Tomorrow will be the day!" and she said, "NO!! Today is the day. Plllleeeassseee!" So... I felt guilty for taking up their papers so I gave two options for indoor recess. They could finish their point of view papers or they could play games. I was totally shocked when 8 kids sat down to finish their papers instead of play. AMAZING! All of them were girls except for one boy. After indoor recess was over he came over to me. He said, "You know why I decided to write instead of play?" I looked curious and said, "Why?" He said, "Well, it's because I wanted to add dddddeeeeeetttttaaaaiiilllll." That's not the best part. As he was saying it, he WINKED at me! Hehehehe.... so funny!

Second precious moment:
As I am sitting with the future writers of America, I look up and notice that one of the children that decided to play was tapping me on the shoulder. She said, "Can you please come to my desk? I really want to show you something." When I went over there, I see THIS on her desk. She had taken dice to spell "I Love U". She said, "I really want you to take a picture of it so that you can blow it up bigger. I think you need to know how we all feel all of the time." I about lost it. Literally. I teared up.

I don't care what anyone says.... as much work as it is.... teaching is BY FAR the most rewarding job EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment