Thursday, February 17, 2011

If I can make your day, I will (or at least try to).




Sat in another hour conference after school. This parent also requested that the child be present in the meeting. This specific child is a HOOT. He was cracking all of us up in the meeting. :)

As I was leaving school, I came into view of the beautiful outdoors!! AHHHH, I could hardly wait to get home so that I could change to go walk! I walked in this beautiful weather for close to two hours. I had the most scenic views of various spots in my area. I made sure I listened to an endless supply of music on my iPhone. Interrupted by a few phone calls, but it was nice to catch up with these people.

On my walk, I decided that I needed to use up some bananas that were getting somewhat brown. What better way to use brown bananas than to throw them in banana pudding with Nilla waffers? I had all of the ingredients I needed except for the milk (if you know me well, this is super uncommon... I get this from my mother). Luckily, I live near a grocery store. On my way back, I decided to pop in to get some milk. While I am waiting in line, I noticed a very troubled man with screaming children trying to dig up change to pay for his things. He was five cents too short. He was not the nicest man I have ever encountered due to his screaming at his own children. I was waiting for the cashier to say "Don't worry about... just go on", but she never did. He said, "Well, I can't find five cents. Let me go to the car. I'll be right back. I won't be though if my kids don't shut up." Something immediately made me feel like I could be the one that saved the day and hopefully could give him a change of heart. I told him that I could give him five cents. He did say thank you, however, it was the kind of thank you that basically says I am not really appreciative of your generosity. The cashier told me that was one of the nicest things she has ever seen on the job... but it was just 5 cents??? Like just one nickel? I guess it's the thought that counts :) Who needs a sincere thank you when you know you did something right?

Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment