Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 199




Long day. School was great until the end of the day and it was 100% my fault. I taught up until the last second... which created my kids to rush out the door :(. I hate that. I like a smooth dismissal and their last thoughts to be good ones, but instead I said a quick "goodbye" and they were gone :(. I need a personal time keeper at all times. I just get so caught up in what we are doing and I lose track of time.

Came home and debated about going to a new workout class. I finally decided that I should because I know I won't tomorrow because I have to babysit.... plus it's with Josh--my step man! It was called cardio jam and it was pretty fun. Not as great of a workout as step, but definitely fun!

I am about to pass out from exhaustion. When will I get used to this schedule?

One thing that touched my heart today. I got a new student today that speaks NO English at all. He started crying because he was so overwhelmed with not understanding anything I was saying. All of the kids that spoke Spanish were so eager to help him. I would speak while someone was translating. Like everything I said. They made sure it was translated so he knew what was going on. Kids are just so cool. Really. Cool. By the end of the day, he knew his number was fourteen and that I was Ms. Wexler. YAY!

Pic: Words with Friends. I'm usually an okay player, but unfortunately I surrendered tonight to L. 423 to 175. Lame. At least the bulldawgies will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment