Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 66

Today was rough. I woke up in the middle of the night 3 times because I was in so much pain. My throat was killing me and I couldn't breathe. I forced myself back to sleep every time because I knew I needed to be wide awake for giving the first part (reading) of the CRCT. In 2nd grade, we can read the test to the students. I knew something was wrong when a) it hurt to read each and every word and b) the kids would look up at me knowing I wasn't my usual self. After many people encouraged me to go to the doctor, I finally gave in. It turns out, I have strep throat on top of bad allergies AND a 100.5 fever. What the heck? I'm never sick and if I am it only lasts a little bit. Let me just point out that the cotton swab trick the nurse performed on me was probably my least favorite part of my day. HELLO! How do you expect me to be okay with you sticking a stick down my throat as far as you can? I came home and slept for 6 hours. I still feel horrible... imagine razor blades and knives every time you eat, drink, or just simply swallow. I am feeling a lot better because of the medicine. My temperature is also breaking because I am sweating bullets while typing right now. I am okay with it though because it means it will hopefully go away! I was a big baby and cried immediately when I found out I'd have to miss giving the CRCT tomorrow. Not allowed to go to work? I was begging the nurse to please let me go and she advised me that I needed to take a day for me to get well because I was contagious. I somehow gave in and called the school to inform them of my status. Luckily, everyone was super supportive. I feel like a mom though. I know they'll be okay, but I am sad and worried about them tomorrow. I hope they do well (academic wise and behavior wise). They were perfect angels for me today so I can only hope they'll be okay tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm going back to sleep to try and get over this! Good night.

1 comment: