Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 57

Hollywood Bowl for Easter!

Laguna Beach right before earthquake!
Hey Hollywood sign!!
"E" IS FOR EASTER AND EARTHQUAKES.
Wow... today was a long, but fun one. Woke up around 7 to get ready for church. We attended a church located in Bel Air except it wasn't at the church. It was at the Hollywood Bowl aka a huge ampitheatre. It was packed with a lot of LA. Such a wonderful service. After we went to church, we drove an hour to Newport Beach. My family met up with one of my friends Carly and her family. We went to lunch at a place called Sol. Carly's cousin actually owns it, which was neat. We had a great time catch up and drinking watermelon margs :). After that, we drove down to Laguna Beach. I've been before, but it looked more beautiful than ever. I loveeeee all of the houses on the hills. Hence why the MTV show is called "The Hills". As we were admiring the beautiful water and view from a spiral staircase, we started to notice that the staircase was swaying back and forth. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it seemed like forever. I thought it was either strong winds or someone was rocking it from beneath. As we walked up the hill after it stopped, we came to find out it was an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.9 (later we found out it was 7.2!). People had fallen out of their chairs, restaurants dropped plates, things were falling off of walls, etc. CRAZY!!! The picture above was taken seconds before I stepped on the staircase. According to my mom, I have been in an earthquake in Georgia before. I kind of remember it, but this is something I know I'll remember forever. It was so weird and I couldn't believe I just experienced it. After that, we drove back to LA. We drove as close as we could to the Hollywood sign. The iPhone does not show how close we were, but I promise the letters looked MUCH bigger in person. :) After this, it was time for dinner. We went to BoHo off Sunset to meet one of my good friends Blair. We had a fabulous time catching up!! I miss all of my LA buddies. Blair wanted me to spend the night and catch up, but I am lame and came back to the hotel to sleep. I am worn out. Afterall, we have the possibility of going to Ellen tomorrow if my mom can pull some strings. We shall see! Eeeeeek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment