Friday, May 27, 2011

1 Memory I'll Never Forget








My 1 Memory I'll Never Forget??? Doing the "friendship web" at the end of today. I had the students get in a circle with 20 minutes left of the day. We discussed how thankful we were for each other... I'd say 2/3 of my class was in tears. I had them stand up once we were done talking. I got a big ball of yarn out and threw it across to a student. I said one nice thing/thanked them for something while still holding on. It continued until everyone was holding a piece of the yarn. It was a BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLL thing. I enjoyed every moment of it and hearing their beautiful spirits was just amazing in itself. We discussed the meaning of the web... we're all connected, but we have our different ways that we go/believe.... I think it really clicked with all of them. Then, I asked them to drop the string. They were immediately upset because they felt as though they let go of each other. I assured them that the next step of the "friendship web" was to cut the yarn so that we can each have a piece. There was not one child that was too cool/didn't care to be a part of it. They were each helping each other tie their piece of it on themselves... necklaces, bracelets, etc. It was a beautiful moment that I will NEVER forget!!!!!! I feel lucky and blessed in knowing that I created a classroom community.... one where the students absolutely loved being and felt comfortable with. Love that class and will miss them SOOOOOOOO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment