Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life lessons.



Wow, it has been a good while since I blogged. I send my apologies for those out there that actually care what I do from day to day. It has been SO busy with work recently.

Yesterday, I had a colleague confide in me with something... something that was probably really hard for her to say... something that not many people would have taken the chance to listen to... something that took courage due to her "situation" we will say... she said she does not feel comfortable with most, but she did with me... wow. Seriously, it really hit me. We never know a person until we actually give them a chance to prove us wrong. I cried the whole way home last night because I felt like a huge jerk for placing judgments. I heard a quote last week that kind of relates to this. It's easy for us to get caught up in trying to succeed and be the best at what we do, but in the end... let's just all for crying out loud be nice and respect one another! It is my prayer that this individual will come to me more if I am what she feels comfortable with :)

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

No comments:

Post a Comment