Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1: A Success



Today was the first day of school. Overall, it was a fabulous day. Things I'm currently pondering from the day...

-Read The First Day Jitters... their shocked expressions at the ending was priceless!
-Got a GREAT assessment of how my students write... can't wait to watch them grow!
-Learned who was shy and who likes to be known
-Quickly realized I have such a supportive teacher that I work with not only outside, but also inside the classroom as well
-Discovered my classroom is not as accessible as I thought for everyone's needs (brainstorming tonight)
-Realized that my students have never seen a Bright Link... I let them "play" on it. They had a blast!
-Thankful I was so cautious with dismissal and spent a good amount of time figuring all of it out... the words "Ms. Wexler" and "orange sheets" were never put together over the intercom
-I am a pretty big fan of my students already. They rock!

Just got home from step class... I had to get out this built up energy! Can't wait for a fab year! Day 2... bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment