Monday, March 14, 2011

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.



Tonight I had day 1 of cheerleading tryouts for Milton. Normally, my old coach Jamie from high school comes to Milton to teach the routines for tryouts. However, this week he is in Hawaii so he sent Frank. Frank is a coach that I never had, but I always knew who he was because my Lassiter squad used to always practice there. I haven't seen Frank since I was cheering for Lassiter in high school. Well, I honestly didn't know if he'd remember me. He is literally in the middle of teaching the girls (100+) a cheer and looked over at me. He stops and says, "Do I know you?" I said, "Yes, you do." He said, "Let me guess... you cheered. You cheered for Lassiter?" Literally all of the coaches and I were totally in shock. Never had him as a coach. Barely spoke to him. This just shows how much one can notice you with very little interaction. Actions DO speak louder! This made me smile... it feels good to be noticed after all of these years :)

** Mimosa peeps... if you look closely, you'll see me in the middle in the black uniform and Lauren May in the white/maroon one on the bottom right. Lauren, I'm going to find all those pictures I have of us!



Another picture from my squad... man, I love to travel down memory lane. We were SOOOOO amazing back in the day. I'll never forget our "Back in Black" opening! 5th in the state :)



Since I encountered a smile myself tonight, I decided I would pay it forward almost. I paid for the toll after me tonight on the way home from step. I'm no "Secret Millionaire", but since I can spare 50 cents I decided it was the least I could do. Hopefully the day of someone else was made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment